Why Consider Glass?
For homeowners looking for a unique option for fencing, glass is becoming a popular trend in backyard design. Both homeowners and home builders agree, glass fencing has emerged as a durable and attractive option for fencing. Glass fences have developed a superior reputation for quality and can provide homeowners with a unique safety barrier. Glass is proving to be a stylish alternative to traditional wood, iron, mesh, and aluminum fences. Aside from its beautiful aesthetic and durable qualities, glass fencing also has plenty of practical benefits as well as important safety features when used as a pool barrier. In this article, we will list some of the top features and practical benefits of a glass pool fence.
Here are ten great reasons a glass pool fence is superior:
- Safe, unobstructed views- Unlike other pool fences made of traditional wood, iron or aluminum, glass offers the ultimate in safety because you can see through it unobstructed.
- Increases home value– Glass fencing has become a popular trend in home design and has proven to add value to your home.
- Long lasting material– Glass has been used in major structures around the world and has proven to stand the test of time. Glass lasts longer than mesh or vinyl and glass and metal are both rated for 50 years.
- Durable and strong– Glass has been used in a wide variety of applications where durability is a must. From computers to eyewear, glass has proven to be incredibly strong. When designing glass pool fencing, we use architectural glass which is 8 times stronger than standard window glass.
- Safer for kids– Glass pool fences are harder to scale and offer another layer of protection for small children. Children have a hard time getting over the glass as there is nothing to grab onto to gain leverage to lift yourself up over the fence. Unlike other more traditional fencing types there are no footholds with glass fencing.
- Aesthetically pleasing– Glass is slowly becoming a favorite of homeowners because of the stylish appeal that it brings to the home. The appearance of glass is high end. Mesh, vinyl or even metal are not as visually pleasing as glass.
- Easy to use– Glass pool fences are extremely easy to use. Gates and access for the fences use slow close and self latching mechanisms providing the ultimate in child safety.
- Custom for your pool– With glass pool fencing you have the opportunity to customize your fencing for your pool. We custom manufacture every panel of glass specifically for your project so they fit your pool perfectly. We work with you to pick the best use of space and set a fence line. Then we manufacture the glass so each panel is a uniform length providing you with fencing that is unique for your space.
- Easy removal– Once you have made the choice to install glass pool fencing, you can always uninstall them if your needs or circumstances change. Glass fencing can be removed easily later giving you flexibility in your choice.
- Easy maintenance– Glass Pool fencing is easier to clean and maintain than traditional fencing options. Steel tubular fencing can rust for example while glass does not, making glass fencing the superior option for maintenance.
Glass pool fencing is becoming a popular choice for homeowners wanting to add an element of style and class to their homes without sacrificing quality. Glass is a timeless material and glass pool fencing has been proven to have several practical benefits that make it a choice to consider when choosing a material for your pool fence.